Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Lessons of 2010

I stared at this blank screen for a long time trying to think of some grand words to end the year with, but nothing was coming to mind. I’m ready to write “the end” on the book of 2010 and start the New Year with a fresh, clean slate. But I need to say something to end 2010 so I’m going to give you some of the lessons that I learned this year:

I have the most incredible people in my life. My family and my friends are truly the absolute best.

There is no need for lack of common courtesy and manners.

You are never too old for a nap. Bonus points if you have a fabulous blankie (or a snuggie) and a cat to cuddle with you.

If you have people in your life that treat you like an after thought, stop treating them like a priority.

Listen as much as you talk.

You are never too old to learn something new.

Stop being scared to take risks.

If it makes you happy, do it. Don’t live life with “would’ve/could’ve/should’ve” dictating how you feel.

You don’t have to have one best friend; you can have as many as your heart desires.

Each of us is amazing in our own right, we just need to believe it (and believe in yourself).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list! I'm definitely working on listening as much as I talk and not worrying about people who treat me as an afterthought. Haven't bought a Snuggie yet but would secretly like to have a pink one, so maybe I'll buy one soon!

Michelle said...

I recommend a snuggie. :) I love mine.

It is hard to not worry about the people that treat you as an afterthought...but I think we would all be happier if we did.

Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...