Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

A little music for the soul



Have you all checked out the online jukebox? It has been my favorite work companion all week long. Particularly the mid 70’s and early 80’s music blocks. I love music…I can hear a song and a line will resonate with something in my brain at that moment and it will become a favorite of mine. And my taste is very eclectic. I can find something in any genre to listen to.

Have some random music thoughts from me:



* Frank Sinatra = He ain’t the Chairman of the Board for nothing. I love him and his smooth voice.
* I met him once. Amazing.
* The Beatles are my pick for greatest rock group ever.
* “All you need is love” is my all time favorite song.
* Paul McCartney singing “Michelle” is swoon worthy. I swear to y’all, he is singing that to me only!
* Actor Sebastian Roche sang that song to me once…it was swoon worthy then as well.
* My second favorite song is “Don’t stop believin’” by Journey. Steve Perry as the lead singer, please.
* My first concert I saw was Olivia Newton-John on her “Physical” tour.
* Second concert was Rick Springfield.
* I have had a massive crush on him for about 25 years now.
* And have seen him in concert an embarrassing amount of times.
* I have a soft spot for disco music.
* “You make me feel like dancing” is my silly “guaranteed to make me smile” song.
* I also dig Barry Manilow.
* Okay, I love soft rock/light rock/elevator music/whatever you want to call it.
* “My Life” by Billy Joel is my anthem.
* I do love some rap music. Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z, Eminem…I love ‘em!
* And I don’t care who wants to deny it – you can not not like “Ice, Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice.
* I also love boy bands, particularly the Boston boys – New Edition and New Kids on the Block.
* *whistles innocently*
* I chair dance to “The Right Stuff” when it comes up on my ipod.
* I always have loved Prince as well. He is a strange duck but his songs rock.
* “Purple Rain” soundtrack was just incredible.
* Obviously, I love musicals. I wish my life was a musical and we’d all just randomly burst out into song.
* And I don’t care what anyone says “Xanadu” was a great movie!
* I love metal hair bands! Poison, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, etc.
* And Aerosmith!
* Oh, and Kid Rock!!! Saw him in concert with Run-DMC…great concert!!
* I was country when country wasn’t cool…I love it as well. Though admittedly I don’t listen to it as much now as I used to.
* Garth is my fave country singer…I think I probably have 5 different versions of his “greatest hits box sets” that come out every couple of years.
* Michael Jackson was musically brilliant. The whole “Thriller” album was stellar.
* BEST One Hit Wonder song? "Come on, Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners!

So what are some of your musical facts?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...