Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009...Some thoughts over the year

2009 started with me having some rather ambitious thoughts for where I was expecting the year to go. I think I can honestly say that I didn't exactly go "where" I was wanting to go. 2009 quite honestly kicked my ass a few times, but the one lesson that I can say that I took from the year was to pick myself up, dust off, and move on.

I switched jobs. I can safely say I didn't think things through before I took the job and don't know if it is a decision I would make if I had to do the year over, but it is what it is.

I had my first car accident, which lead to a new car and a huge headache in getting the car. I love my Hyundai, however, and am glad I chose the car I chose.

I took three trips to California, my happy place.

Had my first taste of sushi (Geisha House, Hollywood) and it wasn't too bad.

Had my first outing to The Stinkin' Rose in Los Angeles. Too much garlic for me, but they had an awesome Fertility God in the ladies room.

Fell in love with Pinkberry and Sprinkles.

I saw some amazing cinema, read some awesome books, and was tuned into some great music.

I learned who real friends were and who the fakes were.

If you want to change your life, only you can do it. You can yap until you are blue in the face to everyone around you that you are changing, don't they see the change, but the only one that can truly bring that change about is you.

I met some inspiring people, including this group of blogging ladies that are just the best.

It was a tough year for many people and some special people to me had a rough time of it.

It was also a magical year for some with all their dreams falling into place.

2009 was a tough one...I'm not sad to see it go. I am ready to wipe the slate clean and get up tomorrow morning with a big greeting for 2010.

I hope that each of you closes this year and starts tomorrow with a smile on your face and big dreams for the new year.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

That was a lovely post Michelle! I think I maybe the only person in the world who doesn't like Pinkberry.

Lesli said...

Kristie is so right - this WAS a lovely post.

Happy 2010, Michelle!!

Oh, but she is wrong about the PInkberry - ha ha! It is dee-lish!!!!

Rising Rainbow said...

2009 kicked my ass a few time too but I'm proud of myself for kicking back........hope to do more of the same in 2010.

Have a Happy New Year!

Lindsay said...

I tried Sushi for the first time too, I didnt much care for the raw kind though >.<

Michelle said...

Lindsay, I didn't care for the raw sushi either. I'm not a fan of fish or seafood really, but my cousin had wanted me to try sushi for so long I gave in and went. The CA rolls were not bad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...