Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WonderCon = Geeky Good Time

Last week I headed over to Anaheim to attend WonderCon for three days. I love geek time and sharing it with Angelina and Desi was even better!

HBO had an opportunity to get your head superimposed on the stake, much like Ned's poor beheaded head from "Game of Thrones". (This show...oh I can't even begin to tell you how much love I have for this show. Watch it if you have not!)

We wandered the vendor floor and did a little shopping on Friday. I came away with a stuffed R2-D2 as he was only $10 and the real deal is $5K. OUCH to my checkbook! But R2 is such a little pistol, I would really like one.

Saturday was movie day in the ballroom. We saw a couple of panels for movies that are complete pass for me: Locked Out and Sound Of My Voice, in particular. A few that look interesting: Resident Evil Retribution, Looper, and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. And some that I am bouncing off the walls in anticipation over: Prometheus, Battleship, The Amazing Spider-Man, and Snow White & The Huntsman.

Two of the most gorgeous men I have ever seen were in the house for panels: Michael Fassbender with the Prometheus panel and Alexander Skarsgard with the Battleship panel.



**These two pictures are not by me. I was not able to get pictures during the panels that turned out, it was too dark and we were about 20 rows back.**


Sunday was TV panel time. We went specifically for "Once Upon A Time". That show is fabulous! They showed us the episode that was going to air that night and the two writers that were there did a great panel. There is some good stuff coming up on the show - the appearance of the evil queen/Regina's mother, answers as to who August (the writer) is, and the return of a character. Angelina had never seen the show before and got hooked with that episode.

I had wanted to meet Kristian Nairn, who plays Hodor on "Game of Thrones" so we went to the exhibit hall to find him. Hodor is one of my favorite characters...all he says is Hodor. Mala and I speak Hodor to each other often so I wanted to get his autograph for her. He is such a nice guy! I mean, seriously a genuinely nice guy. He was so laid back and having a good time. I was impressed.



To end the fun CA trip, I met up with the lovely Natalie at Fat Dog in LA for dinner and gossip! She is as awesome in person as you would imagine she would be and we had a great night.

Now it is back to the grind of the j-o-b this morning...I need a vacation!

Some various pictures of the weekend:








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am a Game of Thrones convert. Loved every single second!

Looks like you had a great time.

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you had a blast! XO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...