Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Potpourri

September already? Ugh! This year is going by too fast for me. I have a lot to accomplish and now only have 4 months left to accomplish it in. Way to put the pressure on, 2010!

Did everyone celebrate 90210 Day yesterday? (get it? 09/02/10 (September 9th 2010) = 90210. haha!) I admit to watching some clips of the old school show. (I tried to get into the new version, it isn’t possible.) I loved the original cast. Loved Dylan, of course. And always thought that Brenda was cool. I like Shannen Doherty…she is just who she is. Did you know she has a book coming out? "Badass: Hard-Earned Guide to Living Life with Style and (the right) Attitude".



Speaking of books, I really hate when one of your fave author’s recommends a book and you buy it, only to find it sucks! Yes, "Cat in a Topaz Tango", I am talking about you! I bought this book and can’t get past the first 30 pages because it is just boring. Thus it is back to the drawing board, I need a book! Luckily Border’s 40% off coupon came in the email this morning so I can go find something new to read. I really need to find a reading group/book club near me to join.

The oldies station, KOOL, is doing a countdown of the top 1000 songs this weekend. They say it is the best oldies from the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s. STOP SAYING THE 80’S ARE OLDIES!! Oy! I mean I get they are, but stop it! That said, I am curious about #1. I am torn on who I think it should be. Including the 80’s opens up a whole new list of tunes to add in.

My choices for the Top 5, by the way:

5 – Stayin’ Alive by the Bee Gees. Biggest selling soundtrack and the lead in to the disco era music.

4 – Billie Jean by Michael Jackson. Love him or hate him, the talent was undeniable.

3 – Celebration by Kool and the Gang. The ultimate party song to this day.

2 – Don’t stop believing by Journey. Kicks ass! It has to be performed with Steve Perry. None of this remake stuff works for me.

1 – All you need is love by The Beatles. Really any song by The Beatles could be here, but that is my ultimate fave song.

That was really hard for me to decide, by the way. There is so much that I love! I just knew what the top two, without fail, were to me. Guess we’ll find out on Monday what was #1.

And I also give you my #1 One Hit Wonder song:

Come on Eileen by Dexy’s Midnight Runners. Makes me wanna run out and get some denim overalls.


What does everyone have planned for Labor Day weekend?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...