Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Change of scenery?



As 2010 creeps (speeds?) closer to the end, I have done a lot of thinking about where I am, physically. As in location. And it becomes more and more apparent that I am in a dead end situation professionally. I am only a temp at my job, granted it is a long term contract for numerous years, but regardless I am a temp. I do not have benefits, I do not have holiday/vacation/sick time, and I am not eligible for a raise. I have been looking for another job, but the main problem is they don’t want to pay anything. I can’t afford to drive across town for $8.25 an hour. I know that other states are in an economic slump as well, but I am beginning to get closer to the decision that it is time to uproot out of the Valley of the Sun.

My problem is I want to live everywhere. I want to see everything. If I could be a nomad I would. The more I start to research other states, the more I want to move THERE. But the problem is I want to move everywhere. Every state that I look at has something appealing. I am pretty simple and open to anywhere, though I am seriously a city girl at heart. I need stores. I need a quality movie theater. I need people. That is what makes me the happiest.

So, tell me about where you live? Sell the location to me! I need some ideas.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Hey girlfriend! Do you have family close by? Are you willing to move to another state? There are economic crunches across the US, but I always see want ad signs around here. Monster.com is always loaded with job opportunities in Dallas. What is your dream job?

Audra said...

You know how I feel about the Mountain West! What kind of job are you looking for? I could keep my eyes open for you if you are interested in things this direction!

Liz said...

I live in Beaufort, SC... it has... ... umm... walmart. and marines.... and Target is 45 min away (the closest one)...and pretty much everything is 45 min away.. or in Savannah, Ga or in Charleston, SC.. each about 1 1/2 -2 1/2 hrs away. Love the history and calmness of the 'low country' but I don't reccomend it.
Come live in Pensacola when we move there. :) I love it there and can't wait to go back

Jen said...

Kansas City has everything!!! :) I live in Raytown (suburb) What I like best is being so close to the Chiefs/Royals stadium. We have plenty of shopping, parks, movie theaters, and other things to do.

Leslie said...

Just because I can.... Cali-for-nia (said in Ahnold's voice). Not really though, our economy here is BAAAAAD.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...