Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Get on the floor and do the New Kids dance



I am not going to deny (and most of you already know this anyway) that I am a big fan of New Kids on the Block so I was excited to get tickets to the NKOTBSB concert for June 30th. (I am not a fan of Backstreet Boys, by the way.) Originally my friend, Desi, was going with me but due to work had to cancel coming with me so I invited Tina to come along. Twenty years ago, Tina took me to my first NKOTB concert...I have repaid the favor.


(picture from nkotb.com)

About the last month leading up to the concert, I wasn't overly feeling it. I was sad that Desi wasn't coming. We had bought these tickets back in November of last year so we had a lot of planning into the weekend. But I found my interest in NKOTB waning due to the annoying obsessive babble out of a couple of crazed fangirls. It is the same obsessive behavior that deflated my General Hospital loving balloon as well. I am a fangirl, I get that you love your fandoms and you want to share that love with others. But come on, there is more to life than just talking about that fandom and when you can't do anything but talk about it, it wears me out. Anyway, all the way up until the day of the concert I was kind of in a bit of a meh state of mind over it, just putting on the happy face when asked about it.

I am happy to tell you, I got there and the first notes started and all the cuckoo birds were forgotten. We had a great night, dancing, singing, reliving some fun memories. Too bad my sister wasn't there with us. =\



Me and Tina...Twenty years of hangin' tough.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...