Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Aye, I'm a bad blogger!

I really do intend to update more than I have lately, but I just get so busy with other things...or truthfully just get lazy. Currently I am procrastinating in packing my suitcase for vacation this next week. (Comic Con, I can't wait to get there!) So you get an update! Ha! See how my procrastinating mind works?

I went to see "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2" on Friday night after work. I love, love the books. And contrary to a friend's opinion that if you love the books, you won't be satisfied with the movie, I absolutely LOVED the movie. I think it wrapped everything up nicely. I mean, let's face it, of course things had to be cut out for time. Hell, there was stuff I wish they had included as well, but they didn't. I enjoyed the movie for exactly what it was and I can't recommend it enough.

We watched these kids grow up...it is sad to know this was the end. (And I cried in this movie, oy, I think my tear ducts dried up from it all.)


(look how cute they were! I always wanted to pinch Ron's cheeks!)



(And now they are such handsome adults! Emma Watson has the best style!)

It was a bit of a rough week. I went on this amazing job interview on Tuesday. I mean, seriously, it was the best and I was stupidly so positive that the job was mine. It was quite the knife in the heart when they called on Wednesday to say they gave the job to someone else. Mainly because they wanted someone that could start right then, I wanted to give my other job at least 48 hours notice as it feels so unprofessional to just walk in and quit. They said there is a possibility of another job in 2 weeks opening and they would love to offer that to me. We'll see. I guess I'm going back to the jaded outlook on it and don't believe it.

Also had some life lessons learned. It is sad when you realize that someone that you used to really admire and respect is so unworthy of those feelings. The day you see the total lack of class spew from their mouths is both eye opening and sad. As equally sad when you realize that the drama that a friend is bringing is going to forever be toxic and it is time to just cut the ties and let it go. But those are what life lessons are for - to teach you, help you grow, and move on. It is, after all, what it is.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...