Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Some day my Prince will come...



July 29th, 1981.

I remember getting up early in the morning (I don’t remember it being 4AM early) and watching as the shy Lady Diana Spencer married the dashing Prince Charles in one of the most beautiful weddings my ten year old self had ever seen. (Okay, probably the only wedding my ten year old self had ever seen.) Here in front of my eyes, a Princess was born. I was enamored with the real life fairy tale unfolding before my eyes. I followed the birth of both sons, William and Harry, and through her transformation from the shy, timid girl into this beautiful, iconic Princess, through the ugly divorce, and tragically through the death of Diana.

(And I did get up early in the morning one day in 1997 to watch the burial of the beloved Princess.)

After Diana died, I didn’t pay as close attention to the Royals as the spark had gone out. But then her eldest son, William, got engaged and while I didn’t follow the hoopla as closely as I did w/ Diana and Charles, I was very anxious to see the wedding, the DRESS, the fashion, and just how Kate and William handled it.

I had to work today, but I got up and turned the TV on anyway. I admittedly dozed off and on throughout it all up until the wedding vows. The dress was beautiful, Kate and William just looked perfect. You know that Diana is watching with pride today as her son married his Princess. And fairy tales still live on.

So, of course, I have to look at what everyone was wearing. I want a hat, dangit!!!






The dress was BEAUTIFUL! Kate looked stunning, William was so dashing, and they are so in love. Makes you swoon.





The hats! Oh I love the hats! I particularly love the hat that Queen Margrethe II of Denmark is wearing. (The blue one.)




Kate's sister, Pippa, and the young children of the wedding party. Pippa was beautiful as well.



This picture just makes me laugh, poor kid is done with the noise.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...